- Do you have no sexual passion?
- You have frequently erection problems?
- Is the loss of morning erections?
- Do you have thinand odour less semen?
MAY BE YOU HAVE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is also called as Impotency in males. Is defined as the condition in which a man is persistently unable to achieve or maintain an erection adequate for satisfactory sexual intercourse. It affects the quality of life (QOL) for both patients and partners and is associated with relationship difficulties. In elderly men takes longer time to develop erection and the force of ejaculation is diminished.
Mechanism of Penile Erection
An erection occurs when blood flow into the penis increases, making the penis larger and firmer. Hormones, blood vessels, nerves, and muscles all work together to cause an erection. The penis contains two cylindrical, sponge-like structures (corpora cavernosa). When a male becomes sexually aroused, nerve impulses increase blood flow to both cylinders. This sudden influx causepenis becomes larger and firmer, like a blown-up balloon.After orgasm or when the man is no longer aroused, the veins open up and blood flows back into the body.
Diagnosis of Erectile Dysfunction
- Medical and sexual history
- Mental health status
- Physical exam
- Blood test
- Hormonal test
- Night time erection test
- Injection test
- Doppler penile ultrasound
Signs & Symptoms
- Absence of morning erections.
- Thin and odourless semen.
- Erection will not occur at time of the day or night.
- No sexual passion, no erection and even some time no discharge.
- Immediate softening of penile erection after seminal emission.
- Imperfect or partial erection for a short time and subsides before the main sexual act.
Causes of ED
- Physical– Vascular factors like: Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Hyperlipidemia, Smoking, Surgery, and Trauma.
- Neurological – Central causes like: Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, Brain trauma, Spinal cord injury.
- Hormonal – Hypogonadism, Thyroid disorder, Cushing disease, Hyperlactatemia
- Anatomical – Peyronie’s disease, Micropenis& Other penile anomalies.
- Psychosexual factors – Disorder of sexual intimacy, Depression,Partner performance anxiety, Lack of arousability and regular frequency during sexual intercourse.
Psychosexual Counselling About Erectile Dysfunction
Counselling is a form of relationship therapy where you and your partner can discuss any sexual or emotional issues that may be contributing to erectile dysfunction. This will helps to reduce any anxiety and overcome your erectile dysfunction.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Erectile Dysfunction
Klaibya is also defined as inability to attain and keep sufficient rigid (firm) erection which is very essential during sexual intercourse for his sexual needs or the needs of his female partner.Ayurveda has described number of plants for their aphrodisiac properties. Theaphrodisiacs drugs are use for erectile dysfunction, spermatogenesis, semenogenesis, and methods of correcting defective semen, causes of infertility, reproduction and sexual satisfaction.
Despite the increasing availability of effective conventional medical treatments, plant-derived and herbal remedies continue to be a popular alternative for men and women seeking to improve their sexual life. Several herbs recommended in Ayurveda are:
- Dried root of LepidiumMeyenii(Maca) Improve ED in male by shrinking the prostrate
- Root of Panax ginseng (Ginseng)enhance physical performance & sexual desire
- Leaf & Root of Withaniasomnifera(Ashwagandha)Improve the quantity and quality of semen in both fertile and infertile males
- Saffron stimulate sexual desire by increasing the mounting, intromission and erection
- Maidenhair tree: Improved erections and antidepressant- induced sexual dysfunction
- Gokhrutreat ED by Increasing male hormone levels
- Bulb of Allium sativum(Garlic)
- Root of Asparagus recemosus(Shatavari)
- Root of Boerhaviadiffusa(Punarnava)
- Whole part of Cocculuscardifoli(Guduchi)
- Seeds of Myristicafragraus(Nutmeg)
- Leaf & Seeds of Ginkgo bioloba(Ginkgo)
- Pitch of Asphaltum bitumen (Shilajit)